2016 Bookish Goals Update

| On
July 01, 2016
It’s that time of the year! The time when everyone wonders in amazement and confusion: “It’s July already? Where does time go!?”

Yep, 2016 is halfway done and I figured it would be a good idea to check-in, look back at the bookish goals I set for myself six months ago, and update y’all on how I’m doing with those!

(Also, I am back for real for real this time. More on that later…)

Let the public shaming begin!


2016 BOOKISH GOALS: UPDATE


  1) Read more: As of this morning, I have read 28 books so far this year! Compared to the 13 I had read by this time last year, I think it’s safe to say that I’m kicking this goal’s butt! I thought after starting my new job, this particular one was going to suffer, but I’ve actually read more since I started working than the months before. Thank you, long commute!
  

2) Make a dent on my TBR: Er… I am currently on a six month long book-buying ban for a reason. Between shiny new releases, library book sales, ARCs coming my way and giveaways won, my TBR has actually (probably) doubled in size. And yet, that doesn’t stop me from coming out of the library with a new pile of books every couple of weeks. I have a problem!!! Goal: failed (so far).
 

 3) Stick to the 100 pages rule: I have been awesome at this! I think I have DNF’d 5 books so far this year because they didn’t live up to the expectations, bored me or I just didn’t find them interesting. A year ago, I probably would have stuck with them until the end, so setting up this goal allowed me to stop feeling guilty about giving up on books… Life is too short!

  4) Diversify!: The spreadsheet that I’m using to keep track of my reading stats shows that I’ve read the same amount of fiction and non-fiction this year, with a 50/50 male to female ratio. An overwhelming amount of the authors I’ve read are American, but I have branched out to include other nationalities this year, which is an improvement!

  5) Read more classics: Wait, this was a goal I set for myself? Oops. I don’t think I’ve read any classics yet this year! I bought a lot of them, though... Does that count?

There were two other goals I set for myself that weren’t entirely reading-related and they were:

  6) Keep an active blog: I know, okay. I know! But life gets really busy sometimes! And reading slumps are totally a thing. Starting a new job has given me more time to read, but it sort of took away the motivation to sit down and write reviews or think up content for the blog because when I’m not reading or working, I’m sleeping and watching Grey’s Anatomy because that’s always gonna be the greatest TV show ever. I’m ready to start blogging again, though! And the great thing about being able to read more now is that I have a lot of things to write about! Keep an eye out for my reviews of recent releases like The Girls by Emma Cline, The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone (out on Tuesday!) and a special Neil Gaiman feature because I love his writing so much!

  7) Go to the Texas Book Festival!: This happens in November and I am so excited! I’m even thinking about planning a meet-up… We’ll see!

So I guess I’m not doing as bad as I thought I would. I still have the rest of the year to make sure I accomplish all of these goals and I am hopeful! How are you doing on your bookish goals, so far? Good? Not so good? What bookish goals, huh, what? Let me know in the comments!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9